Become a Farmer at Pike Place Market
Farmers are the cornerstone of Pike Place Market. As they have since 1907, farmers sell at the Market 362 days a year. In the summer, the Market also operates three Express farmers markets in downtown neighborhoods adjacent to the Pike Place Market.
All farmers and their lands are screened to uphold the highest quality and standards. Our farmers provide the freshest and best-tasting locally grown and sourced produce and products.
Benefits to Pike Place Market Farmers
- Ample cooler space located in the Market to store your produce
- Easy load in and load out options available on Pike Place in front of your stall
- Free parking conveniently located on Western Ave.
- Call by noon today to reserve a table for tomorrow (once permitted)
- Option to sell year-round, either inside the Main Arcade or outside on the street
- NO mandatory attendance requirements to sell outside on Pike Place
- Option to sell at any of the Express Markets. Locations are City Hall Plaza, Occidental Park and South Lake Union
- Farm coupons are distributed to residents and social service agencies within the Market
- We accept WIC/FMNP and SNAP
- Farm staff provides essential support for farmers and assistance with permits, certifications, classes and workshops
Do You Qualify to Sell Your Produce at Pike Place Market?
- Crops must be grown by you on land that you own or lease
- The significant value of value-added farm products must be derived from farm products grown on your farm
- Honey and foraged food vendors are accepted. Certain restrictions apply.
At this time the Pike Place Market Farm Program is not accepting:
- Cherry or berry farmers
- Fresh cut flower farmers
- Food items not grown and/or processed by the vendor
- Orchard fruit
- Prepared food items
1. Complete the New Farmer Inquiry Form
If you meet the guidelines listed above, complete the following form to let us know more about you and your farm. A Farm Program staff member will contact you within 5-10 business days to discuss the next steps in becoming a Pike Place Market farmer. If your business does not fit within our Farm Program, we will direct you to other possible venues for your products.
2. Complete the Farmer Permit Application
Once you have filled out the New Farmer Inquiry Form and have been contacted by a Farm Program staff member, your next step is to complete the online Farmer Permit Application. Submit it to Farm Program Manager Zack Cook at email@example.com
3. Learn About the Daystall Rules and Regulations of Selling at Pike Place Market
Pike Place Market farmers and other Daystall vendors such as craftspeople are required to follow the policies, rules and regulations outlined in the Daystall Rules and Regulations handbook. The table of contents will direct you to the pages that apply to farmers. Please read and review the rules.